Monday, August 23, 2010

A Letter From a Single Mother


For every tear that I've cried lying here waiting for you I found myself drowning in a pool of thoughts. I look in the mirror and I don't even recognize the woman staring back at me... All i know is that SHE i meant I have changed into something/someone I never wished to be. I look down at my stomach which has a small hill that covers my navel. It's you, it's me, it's us growing inside of me. I say to myself, "Stay focused, you can do it" but in the back of my mind there's this ounce of fear that I may be alone or once again drowning in my own sorrows. I love you BUT do you love me as much as I love you? I need YOU but do you need ME as much as WE are suppose to need one another. I leave the mirror because reality is setting in and becomes too painful. I walk in the room and let my self go. I fall to the floor, then to my knees to ask the Lord to protect the love that I have in my 2 children, US, and our unborn. 



Young men it's tie to step up to the plate and be MEN. These women out here never asked for the pain that some of them receive from us men. Being left alone with 3 or 4 children from our selfishness? Come on... Ladies there is a man, A GOOD ONE  out there that is willing to Love you for you & treat your children as if they were their own. God bless & Keep your head up.

DjCharli_S

No comments:

Post a Comment